Insurance and Payment Information
- Our Business Office works with insurance companies and our patients to facilitate reimbursement for the services provided to our patients. To effieciently and accurately process claims, we must have complete and correct information regarding your coverage in our records. We accept/participate in Cigna, Aetna, Medicare, Champus, Workers' Compensation, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, as well as other private insurance companies. While your insurance may cover your charges you may be responsible for co-payments and the full costs of any non covered items or services.
- This office is staffed with knowledgeable individuals who will be happy to assist you with any insurance, billing, or payment issue. Our Business Office is staffed Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. The telephone number is 931-438-5515. Please note there is a $25.00 service charge on all returned checks.
- Please contact the billing department if you need assistance or have questions regarding your insurance coverage. Because billing has become so expensive and in an effort to keep your medical costs down, we request that you pay for all office visits, x-rays and supplies at the time the services are rendered. Payments may be made with cash, check, money order, debit card, Mastercard, VISA or American Express.
From Us to You
- The Business Office will file insurance forms on your behalf to all insurance companies for which you have verified coverage. There may be charges for forms and documents supplied.
- We will follow-up with your insurance company on any claims which have not been paid.
- We will send you a statement showing your account monthly.
From You to Us
- We ask that you immediately notify us of any changes of address for either you or your insurance company.
- Please notify us of any change in insurance coverage.
- We may ask for assistance in providing any information your insurance company requests.
- If your bill creates an excessive financial burden, please contact our Business Office Manager to establish a payment schedule.
Financial Considerations of Surgery
- Payment arrangements must be made in advance with our Business Office if you are uninsured for any surgical services.
- It is our recommendation that you are familiar with your insurance company's requirements regarding hospital admissions and surgical procedures. We will make every effort to obtain any pre-authorization required by your insurance company prior to a scheduled surgery. You are responsible to understand your insurance carrier's benefit coverage because you are responsible for the cost of the
- services provided.